Tazer is a weird local multiplayer game developed by the Game Jam team I’m part of during the Global Game Jam 2017. The theme of the Game Jam was “Waves”. In the game, everybody is invisible so you have to memorized your position, hunt and trick your opponent with the traps available.
It can be play by 2 persons with a keyboard:
- W,S,A,D,E (attack),R (bonus),T (boost)
- Up, Down, Left, Right, Right Ctrl (attack), Right Shift (boost),M (bonus)
Or by 4 players with controllers (with buttons A, B, X).
“Tazer gives you the control of a small robot in a dark labyrinth. Your robot has to survive by sending electric waves to eliminate every other robots. But each attack comes with a price: showing your position to the other players ! So be careful and be slick” GGJ2017
Edit: An updated version is available on itch.io !
Comparing to the game jam version, this version includes the following updates:
- Playable in a web browser on itch.io.
- The players are invisible (most of the time), not just really dark.
- The bonus have been updated:
- Super Light (left and right bonus) shows other players positions for a few seconds
- Rumble Bomb (middle one) deactivates the attack of other players for a few seconds
- Scores have been added.
- Players can now play with different inputs in the same game (i.e. 2 players on a keyboad and 2 on gamepads for example).
- The keys have been rebound for the second player on the keyboard.
- Many other bugfixes and small modifications have been made.